Lori's Minute

Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Best Birthday Ever

The four year old turned five today. It was sort of a backwards day. We decided to let him open the gifts this morning before everyone left so he could play with them during the day so I would not have to hear him ask"When can I open my gifts?" all day. (It's all about me, people). Plus there would not be much time after dinner tonight to play so it worked out well this way.

Later, when HOH and the ten year old came home, we picked up his two cousins and met grandma at his favorite restaurant. The kids were great, a little loud but not too bad. We opened some more gifts without spilling anyone's drink (this place brought us all waters in glass glasses and none of us drink water). Finally the food came and we were all eating. I was eating my salad sitting a couple seats away from the birthday boy periodically glancing over to see if he was doing ok. After awhile when it was quiet I heard, "Hey, mom!" I looked over and he said, 'This is the best birthday ever!" with a wink and a thumbs up.

We were too full to eat cake so we brought it back home after dropping off his cousins. They all wanted to play but it was a school night so we promised to get together soon.

Back home, they all played outside for awhile and finally came in for cake. Of course, he ate the Spongebob candy pieces off the cake rather than the cake itself, but he gets to eat what he wants. (Later the dog growled at me when I threw his cake away indicating I should have given it to her but it was a chocolate cake so the dog did not get any, poor puppy).

Family Update: THe now five year old had kindergarten orientation today and the ten year old went to orientation at the school she will be attending in the fall. She seems to have a cold or something that is causing a gravelly voice. HOH is also experiencing cold symptoms. Me, I did have some cake with a glass of milk but I think I did alright most of the day. As long as I do well the rest of the week, I should be ok for the next weigh in.

Have a good one!

5 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Glad the party was a big success and everyone had a good time.

Those milestones come so soon.

John and I have that cold and I hear from Pennies voice that she has it too. Guess where it came from.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Glad Luke had a great birthday and didn't spill the water. Just a little piece of chocolate cake wouldn't have hurt the dog.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Happy Birthday, a day late, to him...it sounds like a lovely party/day and he definetely had a great time, which is what really matters...

i hope your family is well soon and those cold symptoms go away right away...

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Catch said...

when I read your blog and read the comments from John and Betty I feel like I am part of the family...lol..so where is my birthday cake???

Glad you all had a great day!!! Its all about being a family.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Umm oh sorry maybe I should of stayed home sounds like everyone caught my cold thingy. Sorry all
Say happy b-day to the birthday boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home