Lori's Minute

Friday, April 28, 2006

Mom was right

Now that I am older, I realize mom was right about a few things so today's top ten is

Top Ten Things Mom Was Right

10. Eat a good breakfast

9.You are what you eat

8. Money does not grow on trees (ok, that was dad)
.
7. There is always sumebody worse off than you.

6. It is always better to talk things out rather than hold it inside (Did not get this one until I was almost 30!)

5. The sooner you start, the sooner you finish.

4. You made your bed, now you have to sleep in it. (took me awhile to get that one).

3. Do a job right the first time.

2. People who put you down have low self esteem so they do it to make themselves feel better.

1. You always get more when you give than if you did not give at all.

THANKS MOM!

Family Update: Well, I am getting the castle in order for the arrival of Dr. John and clan. We've dropped the drawbridge, cleaned the moat, fed the dragons and will have a feast of pheasant and stale beer.

Ok, really I have mopped the floor (four year old swiffered) and stocked the fridge with soda and frozen pizza. (I'm not a good cook).

For those of you that read the blog yesterday, you know I did not do well on my eating but I am back on the plan. I think I will still be able to post a loss on Tuesday.

Have a good one!

7 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I dont like any of these statements and dont believe them

10. Is mcdonallads a good breakfast?

9. I am mcdonallads? Then I must be rich. LOL

8. It has to where else am I going to get it?

7. Noone and I mean noone is worse off then me. Oh ok there are a few

6. If you let it out you cant get those very fun desieses like ulcers heart issues etc. Then how are poeple suppose to feel sorry for you?

5. But if you never start you dont have to finish.

4. If I made my bed I wouls not want to mess it so I would sleep in the boys.

3. Then what you do another job oh how sick.

2. Your a loser. :) hey now I do feel better. thanks LOL

1. If your givng what do you get I dont get it. Im confused wheres my sign.

LOL

I wish you some kind of good sentiment, but I don’t have the time or inclination to get into it

Patrick

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Catch said...

Lori I think your list was very good! I grew up hearing a lot of those same things from my parents.

Enjoy your weekend with your family!!! How nice that you are all getting together. Have fun!!!

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isnt it funny how you find out mom was right? And so many times I say something and think "Oh my gsog I sounded just like mom". We think it will never happen. But it does!

Have a great weekend!

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And oh yeah, BLESS THE CREATOR OF SWIFFER!!!!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I have heard these statements before, could it been from my mom.
I disagree you are a good cook,but sometime it's nice to go simple like pizza. The chicken was very good also. Thanks for the weekend.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Enjoyed the visit but where was the pheasant and stale beer? We had chicken and diet coke.

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you taken the right vitamin lately? Is your body answering that question right now? Shocking truth about why this whole food vitamin has set a new standard! This can improve your quality of life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home