Lori's Minute

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Weight Loss Tuesday

Dr. John has 'Leave a comment Monday' so I am starting 'post your weight loss Tuesday'. Of course, I just started yesterday so I have nothing to post today except "Zero" which is better than gaining pounds. So, if you are thinking of starting a weight loss program and wish to join me on Tuesdays, please do. It will be interesting to see how bloggers from all different areas do.

This all started because I got on the scale on Monday (aka Get on the scale Monday) and FREAKED OUT! I know I have done poorly the last six months so I decided now was as good as time as any. I am going to have HOH take a picture of me today and then another one after 16 weeks so I can have a before and after picture just like on the commercials. C'mon, I know you want to do this!

Family Update: For those of you wondering how the four year old did in school yesterday, well, let's just say it was better than Friday but still had some issues. I had a good talk with the teachers and they made me feel better saying they have had much worse kids. So, we still have some time before school ends to work on some behavior issues.

The ten year old is fine, the HOH (hunk of husband) left for work a little sick in the tummy which is not unusual for him but he said he just read his father's blog which was about his father's honeymoon and, well, that would make me feel a little sick, too. Me, today I am starting my hour long walks with the lady I carpool with. It will be nice to walk with someone.

Have a good one and stop in every Tuesday with those numbers! I want to see negative numbers people!

9 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger kristi said...

Ok Lori, I am in, I have been doing weight watchers now for almost 9 months and I have only lost 20 pounds, that is due to cheating. I was thinking of doing something similar on my page but you just made it easier for me. You can go to tickerfactory.com and download a weight loss ticker for you page. I am thinking of putting on on mine.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger kristi said...

In matter of fact Tuesdays are my weigh in at weight watchers!!! So its perfect!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

You have a good start with a plan to work with others. My weigh-in is on Wednesday at Tops. I have not been weighing in at home because my scale is different from there. I do need a boost as I have stayed the same for three weeks. Note to Kristi If I had been dooing as good as she is I would be at goal.
I will use my scale useing that wt for this blog on Tuesdays.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad the 4 year old is doing better!

When I got married I weighed 135. A year and a half later when I got pregnant I was about 165. At the end of my pregnancy I was 250! Six weeks after my son was born I was 218 and now that my son is almost 15 months I am down to about 167. I have lost it thanks to Hoodia Gordonii Dex L10 in a green bottle(not the red one) from GNC. I hate diet pills, they have landed me in the ER. And the doc said they are the same as speed. But this isn't a diet pill. It is a cactus (in pill form) that grows in Africa. They chew it to suppress their appetites. Convinent it grows there since they don't have much food. Anyway, it does great at suppressing your appetite. And that is all it does. It does not boost your metabloism or anything else. It just keeps you from feeling hungry all the time which makes it alot easier to eat healthy. I actually want to eat healthy food when I am taking it. And it has no side effects, I PROMISE! There are alot of pills that have hoodia in them. But the one I take is the only one I know of that is strictly Hoodia and nothing else added. That other stuff most pills have is dangerous. Sorry to ramble, but the stuff is amazing and I know if you try it you will love it! I do not want to be as little as I was when I was married. I am just about 10lbs from my goal.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Hey my blog wasn't that bad.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Wow, thanks everyone for joining. Great job Mimi on what you have lost so far and Kristi too. I am also following Weight Watchers but I do not go to the meetings. I just follow the points program.

Laurie, I WISH i only had 15 pounds to go.

Betty, I will hide all the chocolate this weekend when we see you.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Catch said...

Lori...I am thinking of joining your group....as soon as I eat this big dinner I am cooking...lol. No seriously it would be nice to post a weight loss every week.,.. even a small one. Good idea Lori!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was doing a good job then I went on a binge. I believe I have lost some wieght in the last couple of days cuz im not realy eating cuz this sinus cra p I am not hungry but I am still drinking to much pop. Now that spring is here I need to get back on it. If I want to be around to see my kids grow up. I am a afraid to see what the scale says now been awhile sence I stepped on the dam thing. I will stop buy on tuesdays and hopefully add some negative numbers.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

that was so cute of Dr. John writting that!! i can understand how so not funny it was for your hubby to read about his dad's sex life ;) .lol ...
i can't imagine you need to loose any weight, you sound just perfect and your pic proves confirms it. But i do wish you luck if that is what you want to do..
i also do better when i have somebody excercise with so i'm glad you have someone...
don't worry for your little boy, he's a boy and he's little...i can assure you their is nothing wrong with him or your parenting....

have yourself a wonderful day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home