Lori's Minute

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Cosmo

Last night while I was out walking (4 miles!) HOH took the kids to the store. Later,while I was putting the items away I noticed there was a 'Cosmopolitan' magazine. Of course,I knew he would never let the ten year old get it but I had to ask, "Isn't Bree too young to get this?" He said, "They were ahead of me in the check out looking at the video games so they did not see it."

"So, why did you get it" I said as I was looking at the topics on the front cover.(Like I really needed to ask)

He points out the one that caught his eye and I point out to him that there are like five topics on the same subject on the cover.

Then I see one that says, "Are you turning him off?" so I ask if he got it because of that and thankfully he said, "Noooooo." .....Whew!

Anyway, I do not know when I am going to get to read all these articles without the kids around and at night time I am too tired!I guess he is reading it now so I will have to wait to find out the latest stuff anyhow. He is so funny...

Family Update: I am so happy people are joining me on the Post Your Weight Loss Tuesda. I am still trying to figure out how to do it and hopefully will have something by next week. Kristi sent me a link so I will check that out. I may just have everyone post their loss on their comments and then we will have a running total each week.

The four year old did alright in school today so that earned him the right to make dirt cups when we got home.(pudding, crushed oreos and gummy worms).

We also found out Brett Favre is coming back for one more year to the Packers. I really hope this year goes well for him so he can retire on a good note. Now the sports people have something to talk about this week.

Have a good one!

6 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I am glad the grandson got to make a dirt cake.
I am not sure if I am happy with Bret comming back because it will mean we can't pay the higher prices for real good players. I also know he is a great Quarterback.
Weight is not a good subject for me not because I gained , I didn't but my recording others weights.
I am not the best wt. recorder.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I love dirt cups. I once had alady witha flower in one in a real floer pot. She took a spoon and ate a spoon full and I thought she had gone senile. She has a good laugh.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

I think posting losses is great no actual weights. Tell Luke Aunt Pennie says Good Job. I will not comment about magazine.

I am doing the happy dance for Brett.

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love dirt cups. But I am one of the few people who don't like gummy candy. Weird huh?

That is great the 4 year old did well!

I quit reading those magazines. They say the same thing every month in different words. And they are mostly ads anymore anyway. The only magazine I read is hubbys Playboy. It actually is the only magazine with any real interesting stuff in it, seriously!

I am all for doing the weight thing. I am trying to be real good and loose the last bit. And then go home to Maryland in June and PIG OUT! It's all about moderation, right? LOL

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Couples are so funny. Maybe he could read you the articels in bed then you both would be informed. Just a thought

Glad the child did well. Hey I tried to get my current wieght and my scale battery is dead. LOL Looks like ill need to go shopping.

I am glad about farve coming back. I am looking forward to the draft this weekend hopefully they will do a good job this year.

I got a room at the water thing for the weekend should be fun.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

This home is a 'Dirt Cups Lovers'...one of the favs of the kids for sure...I'm so glad the little one got to make one. I'm sure he had fun making and eating...

Your hubby and the magazine thing is actually a very funny story...leaving it to the imagination what caught his eye, makes it even funnier, lol... Good luck and have fun ;) .

Have a wonderful day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home