Lori's Minute

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Mercy Date

The other night, HOH, the kids and I were looking for a place to eat. The problem was it was a Saturday night after five and in this area, that means at least a 30 -45 minute wait where you go. We had already been to two places and decided to keep looking (yes, we probably would have been sitting down at the first place had we decided to wait but I detest waiting). As we were driving, we went past a place called, The Prime Quarter, a place where you grill your own steaks. I asked HOH, "Remember we had our second date there?" and he said, "Ah yes, the mercy date." This was news to me because we don't remember much about our early relationship such as first kiss,proposal date, who said 'I love you" first, etc., but we both remember this date.

"What?"
"The mercy date" he said matter-of factly"You know, I paid for the first date so I thought you were going to pay for the second date so you could say we were even and then you were going to dump me."

"WHAAAATTTTT????" (I always say that and not just because I am mostly deaf) "I did not know that! I remember it being a very nice date and I believe I was paying because it was your birthday."

He said, "But I did not know what your were thinking."

I said, "The only thing I remember is I wore a hat which I thought was cool but it was itchy and I could not take it off because then I would have hat head and the purse I was using that night was barely big enough to hold a toothpick much less a brush."

"Oh, well I thought you were going to say you did not want to see me anymore."

Man, I would have to be pretty sick to dump a guy on his birthday on only the second date.

We have not been back to that restaurant since.

So that was the mercy date, tomorrow I will write about when we first met at a restaurant we have not been back to since either. (I do not make my readers wait a week like some people...oh...just kidding Dr. John).

Family Update: The four year old and I made Easter sugar, cut-out cookies yesterday. He made it through two cookie sheets before he got bored and went to play. He did a good job using the cookie cutters, getting flour all over himself and eating the dough.He offered his play dough roller but then decided against it since he did not want play dough in the cookies (good thinking, son!).

Last night we went and got the ten year old a dress for Easter and a couple of shirts. I am really enjoying clothes shopping with her since I do not get to do it often.

Have a good one, people!

6 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Interesting. I am glad you are not going to make us wait.
Good work on the cookis. How long tdo you think they will last. Will they make it until Easter.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Interesting. I am glad you are not going to make us wait.
Good work on the cookies How long do you think they will last. Will they make it until Easter.

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cookie dough in my house never gets to actually become a cookie! LOL!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Wow, I hadn't heard about the mercy date. Cookies wow I am impressed. Thanks for not keeping us waiting.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I gave some away and there are still some left but I do not think they will make it to Easter. To be fair, I did make two batches!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Of course we also don't want to get cookie dough in the play dough. When it comes to tales of romance you do your thing and I'll do mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home