Lori's Minute

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Thanks to all who commented and hoped my son was feeling better. I think it helped because he woke up from his nap and felt better and ate a bagel. Whew!

I do not have much to say today so I will end with this:

We all watched the Spongebob movie where there is a scene where Spongebob puts toothpaste on the toothbrush and you think he is going to brush his teeth but he does his eyes instead(That's why they are so bright!). I made a mental note because I thought the four year old might attept to do this. Sure enough, the next morning as I was walking past the bathroom, I saw him putting toothpaste on his tooth brush. We had already brushed his teeth earlier so I asked was he was doing and he said "I am going to brush my eyes!"

I said,"Nooooooo, do not EVER put something in your eyes. It will hurt worse than when you get shampoo in your eyes."

"But Spongebob does it."

And then the greatest comment ever came from my ten year old eating breakfast in the kitchen, "Luke, you are NOT a sponge!"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Have a good one, people!

6 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh the innocence! He sounds so adorable.

Glad he's feeling better. I worry too much when they don't feel well so when the eating starts my gladness is back :) .

Hope you have yourself a good day.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger kristi said...

It is quite amazing what kids pick up from TV and it is usually not the logical things its always the crazy things. I can't remember anything in particular that my kids have done because it is constantly on going with them. But I do remember my cousin telling me that her son tried to fly off the table because they did it on rugrats.
By the way Lori, I thought of you last night when I was running the vacuum, and I could not imagine having to do the whole room in reverse.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

You just never know what will connect with a child from TV. I wanted to sit on top of the piano and sing like they did in the movies. I am glad you caught him before the deed. Liked the grand daughter's reply.

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you know you can sue for that nowadays.People do it all the time! Might as well cash in on SpongeBob's success while you can! ;)

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Hey that great statement came from my, brighter than the ususal kid, granddaughter. I am glad Luke is feeling better. Watch that toothpaste.

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

scrub the eyes did he see something dirty. lol Glad to hear he is feeling beter also. I hope bree uses the same logic for herself. Love the story It made me laugh kind of.

This is Patrick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home