Lori's Minute

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Houston, we have a problem

I am not sure I want to finish this story since I only have two readers, but I do not want to them down so I will continue on.

So, let's recap. We met and we seem to have several things in common...we both order steak at an Italian restaurant, his house has the motions lights and a hot tub, we both have jobs and we both seem to somehow tolerate my brother. So, what's the problem? Well, let's just say it has to do with a previous realtionship where the guy thought I was his mother and wanted a spotless house and a meal cooked as well as his mother. The last time I cooked him a meal I asked him how it was and once again, he responded with, "It is not as good as my mom's". So I said, "Fine, you can eat at her house from now on." and I never cooked another meal. The thing is, his mother was living in Milwaukee!(hee -hee).

So, A week after we met, Pete finally calls me to ask me out for a date. It took him an hour to get around to it and I say I would like to but there was a problem and I wanted to confront it now rather that later. "What is it?" he asks, I can almost hear his hear thumping through the phone. I say, "I used to be in a relationship where the guy wanted a neat and clean house and I am not able to do that."


Pete says, "Ok, no problem" Most guys would have hung up since there was no first date yet and already I was concerned about it but I saw it as a HUGE problem and why bother going out if I know this problem exists?

I said, "Look, I saw your house and it was very neat and clean and tidy and I know you say that now it is not a probelm but I am telling you I am not going to change!"

I was lucky he did not start laughing but he said very seriously, "Lori, the only the reason the house is so clean is because I just moved in and my parents were here this weekend for New Year's. Normally I am a slob and if you saw my apartment before I moved here, it was terrible." He could tell I did not believe him so he said I could ask my brother because he had been to his apartment.

So,the next time I talked to my brother I asked him about it and he starts laughing because it was true, he is a slob!

So, we made arrangements to go out on a date and we were engaged three months later and married six months after that! (It helps that his father is a pastor and just wanted to get the son married off).

Family Update: Nice day today. I am cleaning the master bedroom which is taking forever because it has become the room to store all boxes of junk we do not know what to do with. Pete and the kids are outside playing football after watching the Brewers beat the Mets. We called and sang Happy Birthday to my sister-in-law.

Have a good one!

7 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I wan not trying to marry him off. I just wanted him to be happy and you made him happy.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I know, I konw you were not trying to get him married off! I was trying to be funny!!!!!!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said...

What I meant was, I know, I know you were not trying to get him married off! I was trying to be funny!!!!!!

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! ^ You two are funny!

Fun story! Few men are neat. Heck I think I would be scared of one who is! LOL!

Happy Easter!

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh what a sweet love story! Souls have a way of finding each other, regardless of circumstances....

I'm not sure if i got the right person here (and even if i didn't it was a great ooops as i got to see your great blog) but i think you might have left a most beautiful comment in my blog. Thank you kindly, that was so very kind.

Happy Easter and lots of love. Your family sounds so lovely and i congratulate you for that...Hugs...

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I am glad that the for a moment house cleaning did not stop the relationship. Our whole family would have lost so much.

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course he was trying to marry him off. LOL How else was he going to get
smart happy funny grandkids?

LOL Guess who ~_~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home