Lori's Minute

Friday, April 14, 2006

How we met, part 2

Continuing my story, on New Year's Eve I think I went to bed before midnight. The next day I get a call from my brother. He asks if I want to go out to eat with him and his girlfriend and by the way, "Pete might be there."

I am one of those sisters who is so excited her brother actually wants to spend time with her I do not even get what is going on. (The last time my brother asked me out to dinner was, uhhhhh...NEVER!) So, like a pathetic puppy who does anything the brother asks I say "Yes!" Plus, I had heard so much about this Pete guy he was already a member of the family.

To give you an idea about my relationship with my brother, my only sibiling who is two years older, the only way I spent time with him is when he needed some 'help' with an experiment. Such as the time when I was ten and he told me to come into his room (which I had never been in) and asked me to touch my tongue on a battery. I did and he kept asking me if it hurt. Then there was the time he added a passenger seat to his motorcycle and he took me for a ride and kept telling me to lean back on the seat to see if it was loose. Now I see he was trying to kill me, but as a kid, I was happy to do whatever he wanted.

Getting back to the story, my brother picks me up and we go to Pete's house. Immediately, there are two foreshadowing moments...the lights come on by motion (I have poor eyesight and this is a big help to me) and he has aa hot tub which he lifts the cover up on and there is a little yellow rubber ducky floating in it which makes me laugh. I love hot tubs and laughing. I would live in a hot tub if I could.

So, the dinner goes well even though it is a place we never went to again (we both had steak at an Italian restaurant so you can see our reason) and we all go home.

I get home and call a friend about it and she asks me if he asks me out, will I go and I hesitate because there is one problem and it's a big one which I will post in tomorrow's blog.

Family Update: Everyone has off from school and work today and it is going to be 80 degrees! Last night we had a terrible thunderstorm with hail and possible tornadoes. It was a long night waiting for it to pass which it did some time after midnight.

While the son got a hair cut, the daughter and I bought a birthday gift for her aunt.

Have a good one!

4 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

And the wait goes on.
I am waiting for Pennie to show up. I love the hot tub too.Pennie just showed up.

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A 3 parter! Oh man!

Have a great Easter!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

O leep learning new things.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

That should have read I keep learning new things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home