Lori's Minute

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It has finally happened

I knew this day was coming...I did not know it was going to be today. I was hoping it would never happen, knew it probably would happen and now it has happened.

There is not one space in my house that does not need to be cleaned.

This happened because we have all been sick the past two weeks and therefore none of the housework has been done. For most of you, it probably is not a big deal, but for someone with RP, it is a nightmare. I am so overwhelmed, I do not know where to begin.

I suggested to my hunk of a husband last night that if we work together on a room, we will have a higher success rate at finishing the room. He immediately agrees but I sense he did this so I would stop talking about it. (This is the same guy who has been 'cleaning' his office for five years.)

It would be easier to set the place on fire but the city does not encourage it. We could sell the place and move but it is very difficult to sell a house these days, especially a messy one. I used to throw things in a garbage bag and haul it to the curb but the same husband insists that hundreds of fast food receipts need to be kept scattered around the house along with the dust.

I dream of renting a one bedroom sanctuary somewhere so I would have one place where I wouldn't wonder if the object on the floor is a sock or dead animal (or worse, a live one).

I had to blog one last time in case, once I start on this adventure, I may not come back. But, if I do make it back alive, I should have plenty to blog since I will undoubtedly find something I have been searching for the last year or be so annoyed I will have to vent by blogging.

I knew this day was coming....just in time for spring.

2 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Wish I could walk. I'd come and help.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!If you don't blog within a week I will have a search party sent!;) My mom went to over 9 schools because my grandmother would move instead of clean!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home