Lori's Minute

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Thanks John and Mimi!

Today I am combining two blogs I read to come up with my own. I am using Dr. John's box of memories (because I do not have such a box, I throw out all that stuff) and Mimi's blog about dead bodies in the woods.

When I was in college, I had an internship with the city planning office. My boss and I went out to look at some land for which I was to design a road layout. There are two things (actually three) things I remember about this day. First, the boss told me to wear hiking boots so I dug out my light blue, suede (no kidding) hiking boots my dad purchased for me when I was in high school but was too embarrassed to wear. Having never worn them, I did not know I would end up with the skin of my heels sliced off and losing enough blood to require a transfusion (almost). The kicker is we only walked about twenty minutes!

The second thing I remember (and this is rather disgusting so I apologize in advance) is the boss had severe allergies that developed and he blew his nose by shooting the phlegm from his nostril out into the field!

Third, getting to Mimi's blog, while we were checking out the woods, there was a huge pile of dirt...I would say it was about three feet wide, three feet high and about nine feet long.

Now, my first reaction was, "Oh my goodness, it is a body!" If I were a swearing person like my father, I would have used more colorful words, but I do not swear, and if I do , I always spell the words out.

My boss did not seem to think much of it, as if it was not out of the ordinary to see something like that in the middle of the woods. I should have been more wary of this because he was not getting along with his wife at the time.

When we got back to the office, I told my boss it was his duty to call the land owner and find out what it was. The next day he said he called and said it was a dog. I think it was way to big to be a dog and still think we should have called the cops.

I decided not to become a city planner, especially since my road design was replaced by a giant insurance building with huge parking lots.

Last I heard, the boss moved to Las Vegas to become a rodeo cowboy (no joke) and fits in well with Dr. John's blog about cowboys.

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A rodeo cowboy? Wow! LOL!
That story does sound suspicious. Big hole for a dog. I am glad I am not alone in that thinking. I was afraid people would think I am nuts! It is just so sad cause you know there are families out there who need the closure on a loved one. I like to think the person who is passed doesn't care where their body is because they are in a better place. I know what you meant about stopping that stuff though. Hubby and I both have stopped watching Law and Order because it gets disturbing, especially when it involves children. It gives me nightmares. Thanks for sharing!!! :)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Your blog is reaching the high level of trully weird. You are learning to look at life with galsses that are slightly bent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home