Lori's Minute

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More on DC

I asked my seven year old son what he liked the best so far in Washington.
"The hotel!" he said.

I replied, "We have been here five days and the thing you like the best so far is the hotel????'

"Oh, um, also the.... Metro!" (For those who do not know, the metro is the train system that takes you to all the destinations).

So much for providing him with a fun and educational experience.

It got better because we went to the zoo and he got to see lots of animals he liked, mostly reptiles.

Another funny thing that happened was when we were walking towards the Lincoln Memorial. My son asked my husband what buildings there were across the park. "Oh, those are just buildings. " he said.

My daughter said, "Ah, dad, isn't that the White House?"

He looked again, "Oh, yeah....that IS the White House!"

Funny...

4 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kids always have a great perspective of the world - or Washington.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah-ha! Dad was distracted and not paying attention! Good thing the kid didn't ask for something impossible. Who knows what dad might have promised.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Hey! I told him that was the white house when I took him to Washington as a kid.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

Your son may gain a desire to return to Washington DC as he gets older to see what he has seen but didn't understand its importance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home