Lori's Minute

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Strange Couple of Days

Man, I have been feeling a little strange lately. First, I wish this whole Brett/Packer thing would be resolved so the rest of us can move on. I am an impatient person and hate waiting for people to make a decision so somebody decide already! (I think they should let him fight for the position, if he wins it then he deserves to be the starter, if not, then retire....again).

But, other things have happend to put things in perspective. Last week we learned two girls were attacked in the house right next door to the house we used to live in. Now, this was a very nice, pleasant neighborhood. I got a sick feeling when I heard about it. Then, some guy shot and killed some kids near a bridge where Pete and his brother use to hang out.

This has made me a little down....don't want to do anything or go anywhere even more so than usual. To make myself feel better, today I watched two movies I had not seen before and they were both funny. One was 'Cheaper by the Dozen 2" which I thought was better than the first one. I love Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt. Then, "City Lights" was on with Charlie Chaplin. Hilarious, especially the boxing scene. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a good laugh.

Soon we will be leaving on our trip to D.C. ...lots to do before we leave.

2 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

It is not a nice world we live in. When Pat and Pete were growing up we sent them to the grocery store. There were two stores and we had to decide which one to send them too. If we had sent hthem to the other they would hjave been where some guy from lower Michigan was shooting at people.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

I also was upset over the shooting. We always felt that we lived in a very safe area. John 's comment reminded me that maybe it wasn't so,or anything can happen anywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home