Lori's Minute

Friday, July 18, 2008

My day

The husband and daughter are at the indoor arena football game, the last one of the season. He wore his brand new white, team shirt....the question is, will he spill any food on it? Odds say yes but there is always a first time for everything.

Today we got the Star Wars posters we ordered in the mail. I got a good deal (in my opinion) I got the original movie posters from each of the six movies (by original I mean copies of the original ones than came out when the movies came out). Looking at the one for A New Hope, the first one to come outI believe in 1977, brought back a lot of memories. The artwork of Luke and Leia do not even look like the people in the movie. But they are all great posters.

My orginal plan was to frame four and put them in my son's room. We just repainted his room...gone are the Snoopy and Woodstocks from his baby years. Now he is seven and wants Star Wars (takes after his mother). I went online and saw that posters were roughly twenty dollars each but I got all six for thirty! The frames are more expensive. Being a so called artist, I am not surprised.

I got four frames thinking four will work for his room, six will be too much. My daughter wants the other two for her room. Turns out the boy wants all six (of course) so I will buy two more frames. If it is two busy, we will put two in my daughter's room and they can swap posters whenever they want.

I really want the posters for my room....I haven't finished painting our room yet and there is room for all six posters...hee hee....we still have not found a headboard so maybe I will paint something on the wall behind the bed such as a giant wookie!

I need to get out of this house....

3 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the idea of an adult's bedroom done up in a Star Wars theme. Can't do it. Too weird.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

Hi I have a new computer that your Hubby got set up for me.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I might even try climbing the steps to see a giant Wookie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home