Lori's Minute

Friday, April 11, 2008

Stuff

As I was cleaning out the garage last weekend, I came to a conclusion. Having kids does not mean you need a bigger house, it is the STUFF that comes with them!

You need a crib, a portable crib, a changing table, a highchair, a car seat, a thing to put around their head in the car seat, a car seat cover, then a booster seat, a diaper bag, a snugli, an exersaucer, a bassinet for when they are newborns, snowsuits, boots, hats, mittens, warm weather booties and hats and mittens,blankets, sleepers, a nuk, bottles, baby spoons, bibs, sippy cups,diapers, formula, gates, safety doo dads for all the doors and cupboards, a stroller, a jogging stroller, an umbrella stroller...and do not get me started on toys!

When I was a kid, I shared a bed with my brother and my mother brought me home from the hospital by laying my in the back seat of the car...no seat belt, no car seat, just me on a blanket. This is why our parents have more money than us because they did not buy into all that stuff.

Anyway, the garage is a lot cleaner since we donated all the baby stuff.

6 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

We had not only our own stuff but my mother-in-law had stuff from taking care of all those babies. I think we have got rid of most of the baby stuff.

 
At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, there wasn't all that stuff to buy into!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

And the law makes you buy some of it.
Don't you miss all that stuff?

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Yah.... I remember those days... No seat belts and a toy car or doll to play with. Nothing like those fisher price castles, boats or humungous play areas to take up space. Nowadays... I had better not get started! LOL

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids definitely come with ALOT of stuff. I am always trying to find room for something and just when I think I am organized something else big comes along that needs a place to go.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home