Lori's Minute

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Insomnia

Every once in awhile, I have insomnia. I can remember having it when I was around ten and I did not sleep for about two weeks. It seems like whenever I have it, there is no rhyme or reason to it. Now, I am going through it again. This time it started last weekend when I was up waiting for my husband and daughter to come home from a festival. They had been gone for four days and nights so I did not sleep well when they were gone. My readers now I love to take naps but since they were gone, it was just me and my seven year old son so I did not dare nap during those days.

I was really looking forward to sleeping well once they got home but they ended up not coming home until three a.m. I had tried to call him on his cell but after four days, it was not charged. I rarely call him but when I do, it seems like I cannot get ahold of him. I could have tried his sister but thought if she thought they should have been home, I would have her worried as well. I was frantic...I was so close to calling the highway patrol to see if there were any accidents.

Finally at 2:20 I got a hold of him and they were on their way. Relieved, I tried to go to sleep. I could not and did not until almost four. Now here it is five days later and I have not been asleep before two a.m. My son is also not sleeping. The other thing is I am not accomplishing a thing during the day because I am too tired. Am I pathetic or what? This better pass soon or I will become a permanent lump on the couch.

3 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've gotten your system out of balance and it doesn't know how to self regulate. If it persists too long you will end up with depression. Try some relaxation techniques -- and absolutely no caffeine!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

The festival also disrupted my sleep pattern and I'm having a rough time getting it back.

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered acupuncture for your insomnia? Acupuncture is a wonderful treatment for insomnia that people don't often think about. I've helped a lot of people with insomnia. Often they fall asleep right then during treatment, but they almost always report getting to sleep faster and staying asleep through the night. You should look for a good acupuncturist in your area.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home