Lori's Minute

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Waiting Game

Today, my husband, daughter and sister-in-law are going to Lambeau Field for draft day. The event starts at one, the draft itself starts at two and since the Packers were in the NFC championship last year, their pick will not be until around seven o'clock next week Thursday.

They will go and wait, shop, spend money, wait some more. Then they will eat, people watch and do some more waiting. Finally, they will search out some poor player who will spend most of his day tomorrow washing off all the drool from their fans, try to get autographs, eat some ice cream on a day we could get some more snow and wait another five hours until the Packers have finally made a selection.

I was trying to think of the last time I waited so long for something to happen....I wait all week to put the garbage out but that is not really a climatic moment. The Kentucky Derby is this weekend which, if I went, would be a similar occassion but at least I would get to dress up and wear a cool hat. (Wearing a jersery and a cheesehead is not the same!).

The closest I can come to it is when we were waiting for the birth of our kids. I recall there was a lot of waiting. Before you know it, they showed up! We did not get to pick one out or decided what gender. There was no magazine to tell us the statistics. I will tell you, we got a couple of first round picks...definetly worth waiting for.

4 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

I had the TV on and watched some of the picks. Even after waiting and finding out the answer, you have no idea how well they will do.

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This kind of fandom baffles me. What point is there in all of this? I must be missing a chromosone or something.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

We sat around waiting to see who the Texans would draft. Only time will tell if they made the right choices. None of our picks are well known I guess.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

No question those two were first round picks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home