Lori's Minute

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Books

Today I decided to write about me and books (or is it books and I)? Feel free to copy and answer yourself.

Favorite book as a kid?Tie between 'Are You My Mother?' and "Go Dogs G0!' Both are by P.D. James.

Favorite book I liked to look at while my mom read it to me.Cinderella

Favorite book I read numerous times in grade school.
'Tino' The thing I remember the most was the boy had an uncle who always said, "Play now, worry later!"

First 'serious' book I read over and over.'The Outsiders' by S. E. Hinton. Everyone else in junior high was reading 'Forever' but not me.

Favorite subject.
Biographies

Favorite one?
Colin Powell's and Deanna Favre.

Books I tried to read but did not get past the first page.'Les Miserables'
'Wicked'
Any Harry Potter book.

Funniest book I ever read.
Howard Stern's 'Private Parts' and I am not a fan of his radio show.

Books I cannot read ever.
Anything to do with child abuse.

Book that scared the heck out of me.
'Helter Skelter' because it was true.

Book I forced myself to read because a friend recommended it and I did not like it.
I can't remember the title but it was by Steven King. I think it was called 'It' but I am not sure.

First and only book I have in large print.
The Bible

Did you ever read the Bible and how far did you get?
I read as far as Psalms when I was a teenager.

Favorite set of books.
James Herriot set. 'All Things Bright and Beautiful' etc.

How many cookbooks do you have?
Three or four.

HOw many do you use?
One, Betty Crocker.

DO you own any self help books?
Yep and they haven't helped.

Do you go to the library?
No but I do have a card.

Any book you loved but cannot find anywhere?"Solomon Shag' - a kids book. I'm not sure of the title, don't know the author but part of it is:
Solomon Shag was a big yellow hound
who stood as high as you when he jumped off the ground.

He could dance on his hind legs and beg for a bone,
but all that he asked was a home of his own.

From house to house, door to door,
he looked for a master to love evermore.

But nobody wanted a big yellow dog
who slept like a bumpity, lumpity log.

5 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

Some of my favorite books as a child were: "Nancy Drew",and"Box Car Children". I was always reading.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

A good list of books it tis.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I always loved mysteries. I too read "Nancy Drew". Now I seem to gravitate to medical mysteries by Robin Cook and Patricia Cornwell. I also love airplanes so I like the John Nance thrillers. I also like scary novels by Stephen King.

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous MTW said...

I remember the Solomon Shag book. It was my brother's book and had very French style drawings if I remember rightly. We think it is possible he has it stored somewhere. We could only remember the first line!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Debbie Moyer said...

http://www.amazon.com/Solomon-Shag-Daphne-Doward-Hogstrom/dp/B0007F2HPY I loved this book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home