Lori's Minute

Sunday, July 06, 2008

On the Fouth of July we ran a few errands before heading down to the in-laws. We passed through a couple neighborhoods and I noticed only two houses had the American flag. We have had ours out since 9/11 and even had it replaced twice since then. I know people can do what they want but I thought it was an interesting observation.

In other news.....we had a nice time at the in-laws but I realized we need to train our dog to not bark when he is unhappy. With the kids home this summer, we will work on it! The base coat of painting is done in the master bedroom. I will decided whether to faux paint once we purchase a bed. Last week I went out and hacked down three lilac bushes and another bush and hauled all the branches to the curb. I also cut all the dead branches from under three other bushes. Now my arms are covered with branch pokes. I also trimmed nine other bushes using a a hedge clippers. It was a good job done. Next up is the back yard but we have to get a tree trimmer gadget thing before I can cut any branches back there. The yard work is slowly getting done. Pete painted one of our garage doors which has been peeling for years and now it looks nice.

Another busy week ahead with a birthday, appointments and Lifest...a christian music weekend.

I was doing well until the Fourth where I ate a gazillion three musketeers bars. I will start eating better again this week after my daughter's birthday. She is having a sleepover this week. In fact, I need to go make her cake now. Have a good one people!

3 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have a two-Three Musketeers Bars a day habit! I haven't had one in ages, and now I want one real bad! Thanks, Lori.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, man! Now I want a Three Musketeers bar...

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

Oh there are still some in the bowl. Those bars are habit forming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home