Lori's Minute

Monday, April 07, 2008

More conversations

The other day we were watching Survivor and they were showing large crabs crawling all over the beach. My six year old said, "Hey, those look like my snowrunners!" (A snow runner is a creature he made up which is black and yellow and has eight legs, four are long and four are short).

My six year old continued, "Those have eight legs and so does the snowrunner but the snow runner is black and yellow."

I wanted to add to the conversation and say something profound to prove I was listening to him and said, "Ahhh yes, but the crabs live in the sand and your snow runner does not. It lives in snow, right?"

He looked at me quizziclly(sp?) and said, "No, snowrunners do not live anywhere because I made them up, remember?"

"Oh, right" I sighed wondering if I will ever impress him.

Weekend Update: Cleaned the garage, Pete ran a van to Goodwill, one load to the cardboard recycle place and now all we have left is to deliver strollers and carseats to a home for unwed mothers. I have about six bags of garbage to haul out on garbage day plus stuff the doesn't fit in the garbage bag (broken rakes, old brooms, etc.) After that, we watched the Brewers win while also watching Star Wars which was playing on Spike channel. I am starting to enjoy the first trilogy, episodes I, II, and III and embracing all six. (Before I loved only the last three, especially A New Hope).

Sunday we went to church, Pete took the lights off the bushes and raked the front yard while the six year old took a fly swatter and went on a mission to kill all the bugs. I went to the bookstore with a friend. My daughter had a classmate over to work on a science project...looks like they did a pretty good job. Man, it sure is nice to have the internet for school projects! The graphic designer in me wanted to redo parts of their display board but I let it go because it is not my project!

So, a good weekend, good weather, good jobs done!

(Betty , if you read this, I found the measuring cups when I was cleaning the garage!)

4 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send the six year old bug killer here, please!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

Good job on the cleaning. I guess my memory is poor I was sure I had seen the cups around here somewhere.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Children have a way of getting right to the heart of everything dont they. If you are going to do all that cleaning come down here and get rid of all my husband's stuff! He is the original never throw anything away cause I might need it later guy!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Hey graphic designer I vcould use some help with the St. Mark's website.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home