Lori's Minute

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Brothers and sisters

Last night at martial arts, the master told a story about a brother and sister who fought a lot. Later, my daughter said she was glad she and her brother do not fight much which got me to thinking about my brother and me when we were kids.

We did not fight much. He is two years older than me and I was not allowed to go into his room. On the rare occasion he invited me in I was so happy! Looking back, the only reason he invited me into his room was to use me as a guinea pig for his many science projects. I recall one time when he called me in and had me put a battery on my tongue. "Did that hurt?" he asks "Nope!" I said. He tried it and got buzzed. He looked at me, "I thought you said it did'nt hurt!" I smiled and skipped out of the room.

Then there was the time he had gotten a motorcycle and wanted to give some cute girl a ride so he added a backrest on to the seat. He asked if I wanted to go for a ride which I was all to eager to go on because I like motorcycles. As we were riding around he kept telling me to lean back on the backrest to see if if was on tight or not.

He must not need me to test anything anymore because now when he calls, it is to talk to Pete. Brothers...

(Ok, he is a good brother and helped move like ten times and he always seemed have an awful cold when I was moving). I think he still has a cold....

4 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a normal, healthy, brother-sister relationship to me!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I know all about brothers and sisters and getting along.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds a lot like my son and his twin sister.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

My sister and I got along,a six year difference in age helps. In the car it was not so. Tight quarters and no air conditioning didn,t help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home