Lori's Minute

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Conversations with myself

I admit it, I am always talking to myself. Sometimes it is outloud prompting my kids to ask "Who are you talking to?" or my husband who simply asks, "Talking to yourself?" to which I do not answere but simply nod. Sometimes I move my lips without using sound and somtimes I try to save the family from embarrassment and only talk in my head. This is where I appear to be deep in thought but what I am really thinking is "Why do I constantly think about food and eat all the time when my brother is someone who FORGETS to eat?" I have been asking myself (in my head, of course) this question for over 20 years. I think it is time to move on.

I have often wondered if I were not hearing and sight impaired, if I would be having all these conversations with myself...after all I am the only person I can hear 100 percent of the time. I think I would still do it, I would still be a loner who likes to read and take long, hot baths and lots of naps. Oh yeah, I still would be thinking about food all day.

If someone were to ask my opinion on how to stop thinking about food all day I would say, "Get a hobby." So, I told myself to get a hobby but it comes with restrictions...it cannot cost money. Ok, I guess it comes with only ONE restriction.

I could go back to my days of daily blogging but that requires me to think more than I want to. Hmmmm....maybe I will plan my acceptance speech for when I win the Nobel prize (already have my speech done for the Oscars, the Grammys and the Emmys). It fits right in with my hobby of talking to myself.

More later...

3 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OC and I both talk to ourselves out loud. I do it when I am alone. He does it constantly and I am always saying, "What? What?" I think more people do it then let on.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been caught talking to myself by my kids and my dogs. At least when I talk to myself I am always right.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

I am also one who talks to herself.
I found a spelling paper at the house. I think it is Lukes. Does he need it? I know the measuring cups are here somewhere. I can't remember where , but i will look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home