Lori's Minute

Saturday, February 23, 2008

It has been pretty busy the past couple weeks with my son's martial arts three nights a week and now Wed. church services. My daughter had to sing a duet today for solo and ensemble. I went along and it was held at the middle school I attended thirty years ago. Still looks the same and I recognized the layout but could not remember where my locker was or some of my classes. My daughter would not let me sit in the room where she was being judged but I did get to hear the duet in the practice room and of course, I thought it was very good and it was a pretty song. We hung out until the scores were posted and she got a one which is the highest score!

Then the four of us headed to Perkins where we used to eat all the time when we lived on the east side of town and we all had a good meal and our waitress was good as well. Has anyone else noticed how expensive it is to eat out nowadays? Thank goodness I am cooking most meals at home now. When the kids were babies I was too tired so Pete would pick up food on the way home.

Hubby worked on taxes this morning and as usual, we owe one and are getting back on the other so nothing new there. We spent the afternoon watching our taped episodes of 'American Idol' since we did not have time during the week. Next week will be busy again because we have to go to my mom's on Tuesday for her birthday and we have the usual martial arts and church. No wonder we are tired and want to stay home Friday nights!

Tomorrow, Sunday, after church I am going to lunch with my friend who just landed a new job! The poor woman has been through so much it is about time something good happens to her. Pete and the kids may go to Neenah to see his parents and sister.

Before I sign off, I wanted to mention the weather...it has either been really cold or really snowy or really windy! The last two days have been sunny and in the 20's so as Pete says, "Time for bikinis!" Not quite but it was rather nice out.

I also wanted to mention I have been reading blogs from the staff of the show 'Regis and Kelly' and they only get a few comments so now I do not feel so bad when I only get a couple. I mean, they are a national show and they are only getting 20 or less comments! I would think they would get hundreds or thousands. Maybe there are people out there who actually have a life and do not have time to leave comments but I prefer to think otherwise.

More later....

5 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Janets Planet said...

My son says they are approaching 100 inches in Madison. That is just unreal.

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OC is ready to shut down his blog because he hasn't received a comment in ages.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

I hope we do get to see the kids. It seems like it has been a long time. The weather has kept us in.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You could move to Houston. If it snows here we all look at each other and wonder what that is. Then again we have one day at 80 and the next at 50. Oh and tonight is is supposed to go down to 34 and back up to 74. Very boring. I'll take a day of snow, just for the change and to watch all the nuts trying to drive. Drag racing in snow?

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

and here is comment number five. Glad that Pete and kids came and visited but we did miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home