Lori's Minute

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Store Window

My daughter is in the multicultural club at her school. This past Friday they went on a field trip to look at Christmas displays...one was at the railroad museum and the other was at the downtown museum where they displayed the wonderful winter snowmen/women/children that were in the windows at a store called Prange's before the big bad mall came and took the windows away.

I sat at the table listening to my daughter talking about all the things she saw...the snow people which I always thought were so cute, then there was Bruce the Spruce. "Oh yeah! I remember him...he would talk to us!" My daughter said it was a girls voice so it did not make sense it was Bruce the Spruce.

Then she brought up the Kids Store....this was a roped off section of the store that absolutely NO ADULTS were allowed so the kids could get their parents something for Christmas. I loved going in this store. It was only two aisles and it was filled with gifts that had 'I love Mom" or I Love Dad'. I specifically remember getting my dad a bobble head football player hecause my dad was an official. I also remembr getting him a totally useless figure with wild orange hair all over his body. I cannot for the life of remember what I got my mom....probably a small vase or something.

It was cool my duaghter got to see what I saw at her age.

Family Update: The tree is still up, I am still cleaning, cleaning , cleaning, hubby is taking tomorrow off because he is having a stress test done. We also have my son's Christmas concert tomorrow. We got the ball rolling on getting my son tested for certain behaviors. I called to see how much money we had in the bank and for some reason our house payment has not cleared yet so we have to call about that, probably stop payment, right another check, blah, blah, blah. The weather is 45 degrees today....unreal!

3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Lori, come clean here. i spent the night in the emergency room with a friend and I feel like I may never get my energy back again.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Catch said...

my kids bought me countless things at the bazarres....and I always wore the necklaces or whatever that didint match anything I had because the were bought with such love. such good memories.

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember a store in the mall once did that No ADULTS section. It had some of the most useful crap ever! LOL! But it was fun being a kid an dgetting to buy something all by myself. With the $ my mom gave me to do it of course! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home