Lori's Minute

Friday, December 08, 2006

A Busy Week

Well, it has been a busy week (hence the title, A Busy Week).

Every year in our neighborhood, two neighbors host a holiday party. The first house hosts and half the people bring appetizers and at the second house, the other half of the guests bring desserts. The hosts provide all the drinks. This is the first year we are hosting and we are the second house. So, I have been going nuts trying to get stuff done to the house that I have been wanting to do for the past several years. We got some new light fixtures to replace our "80's gold with glass fixtures in the dinette, formal dining room and the front entrance. The new ones we got hold more wattage and is a big help with my RP. Hubby has been doing a great job putting up the lights and we have one left to do yet.

We also bought two bar stools for the kitchen counter for more seating during the party.

I decided to faux paint the kitchen dinette. This meant taping all the edges around counters, cabinets, floor ceiling and doors. Luckily I had enough paint from my family room left over to do this project. (I did a tan base with a autumn faux finish). I also bought some black picture frames and put those up. The bigges project was moving three bookcases full of stuff out away from the wall to paint. I am still going through all the items that were in the bookcases because I do not want to put anything back that does not belong there. We have several baskets that are full of junk and they need to be gone through. I still need to get new curtains and then I am done!

Meanwhile, my daughter had her choir concert last night and it was very nice. Sat. and SUnday she has her church Christmas recital. Sometime this weekend we have to get a tree and get it decorated before next Sat. (that is when the neighborhood party is) and my mom wants to take my daughter Christmas shopping. Every year they pick a name off the tree at church and it is usually a girl the same age as my daughter and they go together to get the gifts.

My son got his report card and he did alright but his teacher still wants us to make an appointment with a physician to discuss his social behavior even though there has been some improvement. I guess she just wants to rule out any conditions which I can understand so I will make an appointment.(He has a hard time keeping his hands to himself and needs constant reminders....I think this is normal for a five year old but apparently not).

Meanwhile, hubby has been busy at work and went to the doctor today to discuss his stomach problem and ended up being scheduled for a stress test and to get a picture of his heart taken. At least he is scheduled before CHristmas so he does not have to worry about it over the holidays.

Yesterday I sat down and wrote out the Christmas letter and I still have to make the cards. I have rambled enough....back to work, work, work!!!!

Oh, I have a home decorating tip for those of you who are interested. I went to Target and bought two wide black picture frames for only five dollars each. I then bought two gold, flat ornaments for $2 each and put them in the black frame.....voila! I already hung them up and I think they look nice for not much money.

More later....

5 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I got tired just reading this blog. All that work. Now I need a nap to recover.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Hosting a party is always a sure way to get motivated to do the more tedious and ambitious chores.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said...

Busy is an understatement. Remember to enjoy the party.

I should host a party, it will force me to clean up.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

You have been very busy. The open house use to do that [make me clean]. I am sorry we will not be able to come Saturday. If your son has a problem it is best to get it early.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

my best wishes for Luke. i'm sure he will be okay. it is just my opinion but boys are much more energetic and excitable than most girls that age. my boys were too like that and not keeping their hands folded up like angels sounds just about normal to me too.

i'm glad Brea did so well in her play. i'm sure she did awesome today and tomorrow too. i think what she and your mom do for an angel out there is awesome. whomever that child is, gets brighten a bunch because of their genorisity and love.

you my dear, have been busy. i'm sure the party will be fabulous. my sweet, i hope you are not too exhausted to enjoy it.

take care and hugs to all your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home