Lori's Minute

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Mercy Date

Tomorrow is my hubby's birthday and in his honor, I am retelling the story of the 'Mercy Date' which happened on his birthday 14 years ago. We met on Jan. 1, our fist date was on Jan. 15. SInce his birthday was coming up, I wanted to take him out for his birthday, my treat. Years later, I found out he referred to it as the "mercy date' thinking since he paid for the first date, I was going to return the favor so we could be even and then I would dump him on his birthday! Now, that would be mean.

I remember what I wore....a white shirt with a brown vest, black blazer, jeans and brown suede shoes. I also wore a black hat (one of the few times I wore a hat) and It was making my forehead itch the whole time. We went to a place called the Prime Quarter where you grill your own steaks. I remember I had a really nice time....so, no dumping occurred on his birthday.

The next date happens on Valentine's Day which I will tell on the 14th.

Still have not found the cds yet, so no happy dance. But, Happy BIrthday, Hubby!

5 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cute story! And they lived happily ever after!

I'm still looking for some things since we moved...

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny story! Hats are cute but they bug me too.

I hope you find those CD's. You are really gonna want them next week when it is cold and you stay in! Good luck!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

We are very glad you didn't dump him.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Hello angel. Hope you are well.

Happy Birthday to HOH!

It is good to visit you and Bree again.

I shall come around soon for i miss you very much.

I dont' want to leave without thanking you from the bottom of my heart for all your support and love and prayers. Not only are you a great friend to me but to so many others. You are a great lady and i'm so happy you and Peter met are one heart in one.

until soon my sweet.

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed this post. I have been busy! Happy belated birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home