Lori's Minute

Monday, November 27, 2006

A confession

I have a confession to make, I like watching 'The Bachelor'....all the crying from the jilted women who have all 'made a connection' with the guy. I missed the first few bachelors but have watched the last three or four.

THe reason I am writing about it is because tonight is the season finale but the Packer game is on!!!! They are going to show it after the game but it will be after midnight so I will have to set my dvr to record it even though the guide says it is not on, the station says it will be on. Do I trust it will be on?

I worry about such mundane things.

Well, back to the regular Monday schedule. The kids are off to school. Yesterday I made 48 sugar cookies, deccorated them, put them in sandwich bags and made paper labels to staple to the top of the bags which said "Thank You" for my daughter's fund raiser at school this week. Hubby looked at what I was doing and said I had a lot of patience but I said "Wrong, letting the kids help with this would have required a lot of patience." Instead, I kept some cookies out for them to eat and they were happy with it. We will decorate cookies together later this week.

The dog is settling in nicely. Already he knows when I am at the computer I will be awhile so he lays down where I can see him and he can see me at the top of the stairs (my computer is in the loft). While I was busy cleaning from the weekend, he sat and watched me from the kitchen. When he heard my daughter come home from school, he leaped off the couch and ran to the door...he already knows when the garage door comes up, someone he has been waiting for all day is coming home. I get the feeling he is training us to live with him rather than the other way around.

Have a good one!

2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Catch said...

Im thinking thats a pretty smart dog, you may have a hard time giving him back....

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

how nice of you to bake all those cookies. i'm sure you make some yummy ones.

the dog sounds adorable. i'm glad you all have a nice pup to cuddle.

i don't watch that show. but i know it's quite popular. glad you have something to take you away.
hope your team did well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home