Lori's Minute

Monday, December 04, 2006

"I Got Him From Heaven"

I have to admit, I was not thrilled with the name of the dog who is staying with us....Spanky. He is two years old and already had a name he responded well to and hubby and the kids and the grandparents liked it so we did not change it. In the back of my mind, I was still thinking of names...mostly Bonkers because he went nuts when we put him in the crate and he has seperation anxiety, Wee-wee because he keeps peeing on my kitchen floor despite numerous outside trips, or something English such as Winchester because he is an english springer spaniel.

Yesterday, I spent all day painting the kitchen/dinette area. At one point, hubby and daughter were gone so it was just me, my son and the dog. My son had been playing castle with my daughter before she left and was therefore wearing her princess costume her grandmother Betty had made for her last year for Halloween. He was just itching to help me paint but instead was talking to me about his "castle."

"Mom, would you like to see my castle?"

"Yes, I would."

"This is the royal dog, Spanky."

'What a fine looking animal he is. Where may I ask, did you receive such a wonderful pooch?"

"I got him from heaven."

"You did?"

"Yeah, I was missing my other dog, so I asked God to send me a dog to play with and he sent me this one. So, I named him Spanky, the royal dog. Isn't he perfect, mom?"

"He sure is." I said looking at both of them. The way he said the dog's name sounded perfect, too.

7 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

oh see, he is precious. your son is a sweetie. i'm sure he and Brea have been so sad without their pup. oh hon, if the dog goes back to the Betty and Dr. John how are the kids and you handle that after falling for him.

glad you won comment monday. loved your acceptance speech. you are so hillarious girl. thanks for the laughs and for the email..

XO

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Catch said...

Thats a hallmark moment for sure! Ive been going to paint my bathroom for months....just cant get into it. One of these days!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Wow , what a story. Sorry about the kitchen floor.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I was surprised about the kitchen floor.The story brought tears to my eyes.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Ha! Didn't you say we were sitting this dog for the grandparents? Fat chance, Lady. He's yours!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're hooked! Great story!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Catch said...

Lori I am so sorry you were having trouble reading my blog...I will try to remember to write in bold black. Im glad you told me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home