Lori's Minute

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Dinner for Three

Catch had a great post about which three people. living or dead, would you want to have dinner with and why. Here are the three I chose:

1. My biological mother to thank her for loving me enough to have me and to know she could not take care of me. To let her know I am ok and she made the dream of a woman who wanted to be a mother come true.

2. George Washington - to thank him for not being greedy for power and for keeping the end result in sight when there were so many times he could have walked away during the Revolution. He could have been king of this country but didn't want it. I would also want to know why he had such strong feelings about independence but still had slaves. I would also want to let him know how sorry I was he lost his son in the last battle of the war.


3. Mary, mother of Jesus. Being a mother in general is hard, but can you imagine what it must have been like for her? What was a typical day like for her when he was a kid? "Jesus, go do your chores or I will have to tell your Father."

Thanks Catch!

9 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah it must have been harder being Jesus mom than normal. But I think the hardest part would be believing I was a pregnant virgin! Even after I knew God did it and all. I do not think I could ever fathom that one!LOL

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

what a wonderful lists hon. it is clear that motherhood is most important to you. your kids are very lucky.

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..I was thinking Superman, Bugs Bunny and Tarzan..
Your choices make mine just seem silly..

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Three great choices.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Lori -- great list -- thoughtful and moving -- especially the part about your biological mom.

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Catch said...

You did a great job with this Lori! And your quite welcome Sweety!!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said...

Good choices.

I think I'll pick:

Martin Luther King Jr.
Elvis
Mother Theresa

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Experience Breast Enhancement in 5 Minutes Or Your Money Back!

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

new house portland maine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home