Lori's Minute

Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Weekend

Today we went to help my sister in law move some more stuff. We got a late start because hubby had a haircut. I wanted to stop at a lighting center on the way (I have been wanting to replace our light fixtures for over a year but cannot find anything I like) but it was getting late so we finally headed out and managed to move five car loads of stuff from the old place to the new place. For a house with no basement, the old place has a lot of stuff!!!

Once we got to the new place, hubby tried to hook up the washer and dryer but is missing a clamp, tried to do something else but is missing a cable, but he did fix the stove.

Then we (we meaning the movers and not the person living there) decided to move the entertainment center but we broke it!!!! She handled it very well but I feel pretty bad about it. It such a nice looking unit, too. We also decided she should get rid of the unit and buy a flat screen tv and put it above the fireplace. But, easier said than done.

Anyway, we are all very tired and I want chocolate even though I already had some earlier today. I think I am going to have to postpone my Christmas 'after' photo until later. I still intend to do better, though, so at least my thoughts are still in the right place. I will post an 'after'photo!!!!! I will not let my bloggers down!!!

4 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Lori, you wouldn't or couldn't let us down if you tried hon.

And did you forget that we know how stunningly gorgeous and hot you are? We just saw pics of you in the Sunday sermon of Dr. John's..i'm telling you, you are very beautiful and those dimples, oh my!

Pennie is such a patient and understanding person, i'm sure she is fine with the entertainment center. it happens to us all. the wonderfulness of her family to give her a hand and help out is the important part angel.

you go and have some chocolate for me and you. i just had my leftovers cheesecake (original) and i could have sworn i had much more..i guess i ate much more for breakfast than i had remember..and yes, you read right..breakfast..last night i took my son to Just for Laughs Comedy Show tour. one of his presents for his 16 bday and after we went to the Cheesecake Cafe and took desert home since we were soo full ..let me tell you, there is nothing like a naughty breakfast to star your day, lol..

thank you to you and Peter and the kids for being such a wonderful family and always there to lend a hand to others..

many hugs my angel. much love to you and all.

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

You need a large thank you for all the help you and Pete have given us. I am not sure what you broke. in the intertainment center.Fixing the stove so no need of repairman should compensate for intertainment center.

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never seen a move that didn't result in broken stuff..
Hey,maybe that's why no one asks me to help them move anymore..

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Catch said...

The Linnas are all busy moving!!! I bet they are just very greatful for your help! And I hear you are getting a new visitor? I bet you are very excited!! Take pics for us!!! Have a great Sunday Lori!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home