Lori's Minute

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Honeymoon continued....

Continuing the honeymoon saga of thirteen years ago, we stayed at four different bed and breakfasts along the NE coast.(The other rhree nights we stayed in cheap hotels and one night with my sister -in- law who was living in Boston at the time).

The first place was I believe in New Hampshire called Snowville. This place was in the mountains and had a tennsi court accortding to the Bed And Breakfast guide we had purchased. We brought our tennis rackets and went out to the courts and what a dump! It was overgrown with weeds and the net was all rusty. We laughed it off (I have never played tennis but hubby is good) and tried out the hammock for about a minute because it was cold out. After the 'swig out of the wine bottle' fiasco which I talked about in the previous post, we got in the rental car and headed to our next destination which was called The Island House in Manchester, Vermont. (Not sure, all the states and cities are mixed up). The drive was beautiful since it was early October and the leaves were turning. We celebrated my birthday there and hubby set it up with a surprise chocolate mousse dessert which I had after a wonderful steak dinner. The people there were so nice, unlike the people at the next destination which I will post tomorrow.

Family Update: Not much new with the family, they are all fine BUT...we went shopping last night and I found some stuff for me for Christmas!!!!! I went ahead and bought (it was all on sale and who knows if it will be there later when hubby comes back?) The items I bought were a Deanna Favre sweatshirt and shirt to support breast cancer research. (She is the wife of Green Bay Packer quarterback Brett Favre and is a breast cancer survivor). OK. this stuff was not on sale but it is selling out. Some other stuff was on sale and we also bought hubby some shirts. My daughter helped me pick out some new pictures for our kitchen/dining area which I am planning to paint soon. I was glad she was there because I could not make a decision....I wanted everything!!

It is not too often I am in the shopping mood so it was fun to get out and get something for a change.

Have a good one!

8 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I love to read your honeymoon adventures! Ill be watching for the next one tomorrow.

I could shop anyday, anytime, anywhere! lol...I love it.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Sounds like a romantic and fun honeymoon trip.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Love for the kids to come next year trick and treating.
I think all trips have their highs and lows. I know when we went out East we had a motel with a pool which we look forward to and when we got there, there was a pool but no water.
Glad you had a good time shopping. Shopping early means you beat the crowds.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Love for the kids to come next year trick and treating.
I think all trips have their highs and lows. I know when we went out East we had a motel with a pool which we look forward to and when we got there, there was a pool but no water.
Glad you had a good time shopping. Shopping early means you beat the crowds.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

oh honey, i'm here so happy to visit a fighter, a courageous girl who won't let anything keep her down. i admire you much and not say it enough. thank you for being there at my blog to leave me encouraging and loving words. i shall be back soon regularly as soon as it is more comfy to seat for longer periods..today i have been doing bits and bits and i know i'm not there yet..pls know that i will be back to read about your honeymoon asap for i would love to hear such adventures.

i love your family and how you hold the family together. you are one great girl and i'm so happy to be friends.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i hope you don't mind, my post i mean. if you would like, i will surely take 'it' down. XO

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha,ha..Can't wait for the next post..

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your blog about fantasy football news. The best site for fantasy football news is **http://www.freepremiership.com**. http://www.freepremiership.com is the top free osccer website in the world and features the latest Premiership club news, fixtures, scores, scorers, radio streams, tv streams and lots more football links.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home