Lori's Minute

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Does not take much....

It does not take much to make me happy. This morning I got to sleep in a little bit so that was nice. Then I checked on the kids and they had built a fort in my son's room and slept in there all night. I am guessing this is because you cannot even get the door open to my daughter's room so now they have moved on to his room. I opened the door and told then they have to clean up in there before they come downstairs. (They did it without whining!!!)

Then I go downstairs to see what to get the munchikins for breakfast. We are out of pop-tarts and they do not like cereal and I do not feel like making eggs. I spy the brownies and think of the Bill Cosby bit where his wife makes him get up with the kids and make them breakfast and he gives them chocolate cake (It has flour, eggs, all the breakfast ingredients).

So, I cut two brownies out for them and one for myself and go turn on the tv. My favorite sitcom of all time is on TVLAND but I have not seen it for a couple years. It is WINGS. I am a little bummed there is only one episode on today but it is a good episode (the one whe Joe cuts Brian out of his life because he burned his house down). I love eberythign about this show...the characters, the theme song, the relationships...it is just great. It even has a great series finale.

The kids come downstairs and cannot believe they are having brownies for breakfast (I am only fessing up to this because my daughter blogged about it). Now they are outside in the snow building a snow fort. When they come in, we will have hot chocolate with marshmallows.

And all is right with the world.

Have a good weekend, people!

8 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

The things that make you happy are the best little things in the world..your kids, chocolate a bit of naughtyness, hearing laughter and playing...

i'm so happy to hear i'm not the only mother who feeds her kids goodies..we have had many cakes or sweets for breakfast here and we love it..;p

i loved wings too..it was hillarious..and i remember that Cosby show, i loved that he did that..

have a great wknd friend. take care and received many hugs.

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the brownies idea for a breakfast. Actually brownies sound good for any meal, ha,ha..

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Lori, your kids will remember that breakfast for a long time to come.

When I was a kid and stayed at my uncle's in the summer, he always let us save our evening dessert for breakfast. We thought we were being so smart, but pie and ice cream for breakfast is fruit, bread and milk -- and all the sugar burns off in the day's play.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

It sounds like a lovely day. Fort building,and brownies for breakfast.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

My mother never gave me brownies for brekfast. How lucky they are to have you.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Jo said...

You sound like a wonderful, relaxed mother. Your children will remember that about you.

Cheers,
Josie

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Catch said...

Ha Ha Lori. I think brownies make a great breakfast! And cold pizza.....and cake...or pie....those are all neat breakfast foods....lol

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Janets Planet said...

Sounds like a perfect snow day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home