Lori's Minute

Friday, November 03, 2006

Another Bed and Breakfast

Ok, we are continuing our honeymoon trip via rental car in the northeast. We flew into Boston, drove to Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire and we are now on our way to another bed and breakfast in Conneticut.

Since hubby drove, I was looking through the AAA books to see if there was anything we wanted to see along the way. (We never schedule anything but the destination reservation). There was an aquarium in Mystic which was nice and also a real castle! Our last name means castle in Finnish so we had to stop and take the tour. (I always say this is the reason why hubby never finishes anything because he is only part Finnish! Of course, I am the only who thinks this is funny....)

Finally we get to our Bed and Breakfast which we were really looking forward to seeing because according to the B&B guide it had a friendly dog and a tv in the lobby. This was the one night out of the week we wanted to catch something on tv. So, we arrive and the lady who ran the place looked at us like we were a little rough around the edges (Hey we were young and didn't have much money but we were honeymooners). We asked about the dog and she mumbled it was at the other building, same goes for the tv.

Ok, well we made the best of it. It is funny neither of us remember the dinner or the breakfast as we have at all the other places, just how rude the woman was. I will say this place really looked the part.... nice house with banister staircase (although it looked like the Amityville Horror House), a nice garden and it sat on a river where there were swans. But I think of all the places, this is one we will not return to in the future which is too bad because it was a nice place.

Next post we go to our favorite B&B even though it was an odd experience.


Family Update: We are going to hear my father-in-law preach one last time at the church he was the pastor of for over thirty years. We are driving up Sat. and coming back Sunday with another load of boxes to get ready for their move. I wish you could all come and hear him preach....he is the best.

4 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Catch said...

I am sure you would remember a person who is rude! We all do. Your honeymoon sounds like so much fun, just driving and stopping where you pleased. Just being young and carefree!

I would love to hear Dr John preach. I can imagine that he is the best. We all love your in-laws!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

What fun!!! Wish I could be with you to hear Dr J preach. He ministers to all of us here & bloggerland--he must be absolutely awesome in person.

Blessed be...

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

I loved this moving honeymoon story.Its wonderful to be able to just pack up and GO..
its not about the destination its about the journey.
Id also love to hear Dr John preach..I hope he will put his sermon on his blog for all of us who cant be there.
Take care

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Pick up and go -- my favorite way to travel!

I'd love to hear Dr. John preach. Wish I could be in two places at once.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home