Lori's Minute

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

One Fine Day

Yesterday I went to pick up my son from school. Since we met with his teacher, we have asked for a daily report on his behavior. He is five and whether he has done well at school or not, he always tells me he had a great day at school only for me to find out later he was sent to the principal's office.

So, after about a month of reports, yesterday he came home with a GREAT report card. We had told him if he had a great report, we would get him a certain pirate ship he has been wanting so I had hubby stop on his way home from work to get it. We celebrated all night, ordered pizza, did the happy dance, and so on.

This has been a great relief for me and has carried over into my dispostion today. I am happier and more upbeat. I am getting things done around the house. I worked in my daughter's room for over an hour (still not done yet, but we are making progress). Hubby is happily going through all the christmas lights to make sure all the strands work before he puts them on the bushes outside.

I am not expecting a great report every day but knowing that he is making progress, likes school, and has made a few friends is making me very happy...such a differance from his preschool experience.

I hope you all have a great day.

4 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm happy for him and for you. wonderful news all around..glad it is all good..

xoxo

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Catch said...

what happy news!!!sometimes you have to flash a little reward in front of them...lol...I say whatever works!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Yay! I am glad his grades are better than his behavior. Some teachers take off academic points if the child is a behavior problem -- I don't think that is fair. I also thinks unfairness on the part of the teacher only compounds the behavior issues.

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo for your son.
If I had better kids I would probably keep my house cleaner too. But alas, it is not to be, ha,ha..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home