Lori's Minute

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Boys and hair

My five year old seems to identify people by the color of their hair. If I ask him about a classmate, he says, "Oh, he has hair like me "or "She has dark pigtails."

He does the same thing with his grandparents. He does not call them by their names such as 'grandma so and so' like I did when I was a kid, but he says, "The grandma with the white hair or the grandma with the dark hair?"

It just so happens that my in-laws both have dark hair and both of my parents have white hair. I am glad he calls me "mom" and not "Mom with the multicolored hair when are you going to the salon?"

A few years ago, my nephew who rarely talks to me because he is shy, was sitting next to me at a table in a food court. I had just cut my hair and he kept staring at me. Finally, he said, "You cut your hair, didn't you?" I said, "Yes, and it is too short, isn't it?" He nodded. I said it would grow back. He was only six at the time. I am always amazed at boys and how they notice girls hair even at such a young age.

3 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

The only woman who's hair they don't recognize is their own wives.

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is funnt that a 6 year old, and a boy at that, did not just notice your hair but thought it was too short. But then again guys seem to be born with a like for long hair on women. I should get a super short wig one time just to freak Durk out! LOL!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Catch said...

how cute of your nephew..and we have all had those " too short" haircuts at one time or another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home