Lori's Minute

Friday, September 29, 2006

Oh What a Beautiful Morning....

Last night the kids slept with me since the hubby is gone to New Orleans. The 11 year old wanted four pillows so she could sleep with her head up so I searched high and low and came up with them. An hour later when I came to bed, the pillows were all on the floor and her head was flat on the bed! But she was sound asleep and so was the boy. I put him in the overstuffed chair with a blanket and I crawled into bed and went to sleep. Around five a.m. I woke up and heard some giggling in my ear. My son had crawled back into bed with us and was having a funny dream and he kept giggling, sound asleep. It was such a great noise to wake up to. That is the sound we should put on alarm clocks to wake people up!

I got my daughter off to school...she is feeling somewhat better. We did the whole sending off and she was out the door when I realized she forgot her poster board project so I had to yell and tell her to wait while I ran and got it and off she went. A little while later the doorbell rang. It was only eight o'clock so I did a quick check to make sure all body parts were covered and hair was not sticking straight up and answered the door....it was a big, beautiful bouquet of flowers from my hubby! They are the most beautiful flowers ever! My son thought they smelled pretty good.

Then, it was time to walk him to school. No rain today...the sun is shining and it is so nice outside.

Now, I am coloring my roots. I am not sure if it is a good idea for a blind woman to color her own hair, but what the heck. What I am really concerned about is how to get the hair off of my big toe....gross!

Later, I will make a cake...because, it is my birthday!!!! Whoo - hoo! I am glad the sun came out today, I am glad my daughter is feeling better, and I am glad hubby comes home tomorrow (hopefully he will not notice a dramatic hair color change).

Have a good one, people!

10 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Hope it's the start of your best year ever..

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, don't know you from Adam (or should that be Eve then?), but I popped in from Chana's to see you only got two comments yet. What a disgrace! So, for what my two cents are worth: have a wonderful birthday today! Enjoy it to the max!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

she has more wonderful wishes in her last post..she is much loved...glad Bree was able to go to school.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

Happy and wonderful birthday to you Lori:)
I think youre very brave to color your roots when you cant see them..LOL..
Have a great weekend!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Lori! I wish you the very best birthday ever, and may God bless you and keep you throughout this year and ever after.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I haven't forgot your birthday and you will get a card and a card for your anniversary. I am just slow.

Happy Birthday!!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Your hubby blogged

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and all the best
Wish you well.
Have a nice weekend

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday! I hope it is a special one and that you have a great weekend!

Color your hair! It is part of womanhood. It helps define the famous "I am woman, hear me roar"! ;-)

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Janets Planet said...

Read this yesterday and I forgot to leave a comment and wish you a Happy Birthday. Here it is -- Happy Birthday! BTW, I hope your hair turned out like you wanted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home