Lori's Minute

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Family Update

Not much new around here but I wanted to update for the family members who like to know what is going on here. Breanna has started middle school and she really likes it so far. She and a girl who moved in across the street last month are walking together so that is nice because she never had anyone before when she went to elementary school except me to walk with. Today she joined a multi-cultural group which meets after school a couple times a month. She comes home and talks and talks and then before I can say anything she disappears to the basement to play on the computer,

My five year old had his first full day of school today. I am hoping my hubby will post a picture with this post. I was a nervous wreck all day but his teacher said he had a good first day. When we got home, he said all the girls in his class were good but all the boys were naughty. Sounds like at least he listened to the teacher when she told him to do something or not do something. Since he did well, when we got home we made brownies. He likes to crack the eggs and stir the mix. I think brownies should be nominated best invention because they are so good and so easy to make.

Tonight we went to Target to get some more school supplies, a birthday gift for my nephew and some household supplies. It was a good trip because we found everything we needed.

This was my first day home alone, all day and I sure missed our dog, Maya, especially after the vet office called to say the 'paw print in clay' momento was ready for us to pick up.

Have a good one!

7 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

What a cutie! He looks ready to fly to school. I am sorry your first day alone held sorrow.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

He is adorable! what a cutie you got there. i'm glad he had a great first day and that B has a friend to walk with. i'm sorry for you, lonely without your puppy. maybe you do need to get one sooner, specially so you have some company. this transition time is hard, i know..hugs hon..

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I remember those days! Glad the kids started off great!

I know how you feel without your beloved pet. It took years for me to get one after my first daschund died after 14 years. Don't know how much longer we'll have Lady since she is 9. Daisy follows me everywhere, even to the bathroom.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Catch said...

You will learn to enjoy your "alone" time. It takes a while. Your son looks so cute!!! When both of my gfs kids went to college she was so depressed when they left...then her and hubby started to enjoy the time alone, coming and going as they pleased, then their daughter moved back in and had twins!!! LOL

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Everything at schools sounds good. Soon you will finds ways to fill in your day.
The paw print for a memorial was very nice.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Janets Planet said...

Looks like he had a good day.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said...

Uh, oh, someones in school! I think all day kider. is great, basically, after spending half a day eating cookies and watching movies, then staying all day and having to actually do work may be too much.

Glad they like school! That's a relief off any mother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home