Lori's Minute

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Let the games begin...

Well, it is finally here, the start of the football season so now we have something to do on Sundays after church when there is a blizzard outdoors in addition to eating junk food.

Today we went to church. The kids had a "Rally" to get ready for Sunday school. The hubby was kind enough to go to that while I went to a bible session. I have never gone before and since this one started with the book of Genesis and I want to know more about the bible, I decided to go. Just like when I was in school, I was the first one in class. The group is led by an older gentleman (by older I mean older than me) and his wife brought homemade cookies which I politely declined and noted that all the people who took a cookie were thin and all those who declined were on the heavier side. But, that is not why I was there, I was there to be a part of a discussion on Genesis. I brought my bible given to me by my grandmother, I brought my magnifying glass and I sat in front of a window so I would have adequate light to read (You can see how having RP makes me plan ahead all the time).

We started by introducing ourselves and saying our favorite ice cream. Hoping there would not be a test on the names and flavors mentioned, I did not really pay attention to the names but noted a lot of people like some form of chocolate in their ice cream. Mine is choc. chip cookie dough.

FInally we went around the room and each person read a verse. I was going to pass when it came to my turn but it ended before it got to me. The leader of the group posed interesting questions followed by two or three people who offer their views or opinions in between eating the cookies. I think the most interesting was God created light the first day but did not create the sun, the moon and the starts until the fourth day (or was it the third???? Already I am failing this class). So what is the light on the first day?

The confirmation group joined us today and some of those kids had some great questions and answers.

It ended on a good note and I will look forward to going again. Now we are getting ready to watch the Packers....let the games begin.

8 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Green Bay!
:o

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I am glad the study went well. I think it was a good idea to include the confirmation young people. We just called no one home. I forgot about the game.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Lori, for the first three days God created the light. On the forth day God created the sun, the moon and the stars, so the light them came from them

Don't quote me on that. It is just my take. I am not a theologian.

Football -- pfft.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Last I checked the Packers weren't doing well.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Catch said...

home made cookies??? and you passed??? oh Lori! Glad you are enjoying your bible study....and the ballgame! lol

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like fun. What has happend to the Packers?

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

as you are getting excited over the Packers, i am just getting warm up for the Flames (hockey)..

i hope your team does well. and that your sundays are fun and exciting.

i'm glad you enjoyed your first class. i should get back to basics myself.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Janets Planet said...

Dinosaurs roamed the earth between verses 1 & 2. Interesting thought. Tho about as important as knowing how many angels fit on the head of a pin.

Packers? Packers who? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home