Lori's Minute

Saturday, September 02, 2006

TAG - Five Unusual Things About Me

Tagged by Quilldancer, I list the following things I think are unusual about me.

1. The only fruit I have tried is an apple and pears. I still eat apples but not pears.

2. Both of my kids were born five weeks early. With both kids, my water broke just after midnight, first contractions were at 12:21 and hard contractions started three minutes later at !2:24 and were every two minutes for eight hours - no epidural. Both were born healthy enough to come home the next day.

3. I have worn hearing aids since I was five years old. I was diagnosed with RP when I was 18 and told I would be totally blind by the time I was 30. I am now 40 and although it is close, I am grateful for the sight I do have left. Normal periphial vision is 80 degrees, mine is less than five degrees.

4. My greatest personal achievements are graduating college without debt and walking the marathon three years ago.

5. I did not really like kids until I had my own. Now I love all kids, even ones I do not know.

I tag Crazy Object B, Pete, Pennie, Pat and Betty.

8 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I love your blog. I learn more and more about you every day.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Graduating college without debit is a major achievement! Now I'm jealous.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

you truly are a wonderful person. inspiring...

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Giving birth without epidural, wow! you amaze me. That's quite hard.
Just passing by from Dr. John.

 
At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graduating college without debt is a MAJOR achievement! GOOD FOR YOU!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

I found this quite hard to do, but once I had thought of five I then kept thinking of more, I guess I must just be strange.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I love reading things about my fellow bloggers when I learn more about them. That was great Lori. You mean you dont eat grapes????? I love grapes!!!

Do you mean you had natural childbirth?? My last one was natural....ohhhhh..what a ride!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I made it through three kids with out a epidural and all was natural. I know I know I was not the one giving birth but I was there. I also made it through collage without any debts. I wish it was still true. Yes its true your an amazing person with amazing kids.

Patrick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home