Lori's Minute

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Maya,The Pooch

Maya, our 8-1/2 year old golden retriever, has been making strange noises the last week. At first we thought it could be allergies so we gave her Benadryl but it did not really seem to help. Finally, the whole family decided it was time to go to the vet. Since I went on a walk this morning I stayed home to shower while Pete and the kids took her in, Turns out there is a growth in the her throat and they want to do x-rays and a biopsy but did not have time today so we scheduled it for Monday. They say it could be cancerous, or something bacterial or fungal. We cannot treat it until we know what it is so now we sit and wait.

Things like this really put life into perspective. I was feeling a little low about when my son goes to school and since I do not drive, it will be difficult to help the family out as far as grocery shopping etc. Up until now, I have been focused on what I can do and I plan to clean the house from top to bottom. I expect this to take about two months(not kidding). Then, for a couple days the feeling hit me about what I cannot do and now this thing with our puppy has shown me what is important.

The other good thing is the dog is eating, drinking water and doing her usual check around the house to see if there is any food anyone dropped for her to eat so I consider all those things to be good signs.

I will let you know Monday what we find out.

7 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it not safe 4 no-one (even pets) anymore! Seems like everything we see, touch, smell, ingest, and look at--is somehow gonna kill us!
;]

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Hi Lori, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I sure hope your dog turns out ok.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that your dog will be ok Lori. Please let us know. I think the fact that she is eating and drinking and acting normal are positive signs.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Lori, best wishes for your dog, and your family.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

You answered my question to Bree.
About taking the dog in. Hope all will be well.
If your cleaning goes like mine has a month is a short time. It took me all day to clean window of fake stain glass. two days to clean floor on hands and knees, in kitchen.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Your dogs always get something or have some kind of a problem. Hope it is just something that can be cleared up easily.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope Maya the Pooch is doing ok, Hope it turns out to be nothen. I like her a lot. I will pray for her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home