Lori's Minute

Saturday, August 19, 2006

First Game in Lambeau Field

Tonight was the first time the whole family went to a Packer game...it was the five year old's first Packer game ever. Our seats were near the top in the end zone. The weather was perfect, a little windy but it died down after awhile. The boy did not sit still the entire time and I felt bad for the guys in front of us who had to deal with him bumping into them all night but they were good sports about it. At least we did not have any drunken, loud people swearing a lot which has happened the last few times. The best part was the Packers won and then when we got home we found out the Green Bay Blizzard (arena football) won their game so they will be going to the championship game in Puerto Rico. Why it's in Puerto Rico we do not know.

I do not know what other stadiums charge for parking, but in Green Bay people who have homes near Lambeau charge for people to park on their lawns. They start at $5 farthest away and the closest is $30. We paid ten and walked about two blocks which I thought was pretty good.

About the third quarter, the five year old said he would rather watch the game on tv (this is because I made him sit for a few minutes). At half time they had PeeWee football and the kids did very well and one kid did the Lambeau Leap (jumping into the stands) after he made a touchdown!

It was a good family night and now we are all very tired.

Nighty-night.....Zzzzzzzzzz

9 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thanks for sharing,Blog jumping,Wish you well

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I am glad all got to see a game together and that they won. I saw some of it on TV was afraid to watch for fear they would lose again.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Keep this post and look back on it five years from now. That five year old will be the same kid you can't get to talk about anything but football and you'll be griping because you can't get him to move during a game!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Janets Planet said...

I have to admit it is kind of refreshing not be be bombarded with Packer news everyday. ONce in a while, fine.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I watch the game on tv. What a differance a week can make they looked like a completely different team. I was semi impressed. I thought about coming up to see the game also. But was short on funds becuase I gave it to the lawer. Glad to hear luke did alright at the game. I need to take my bunch sometime this year.

Patrick

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger kristi said...

I am so glad that you had a good time. It is so hard for the little ones to sit still. My kids are maniacs

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

sounds like a fun time..glad you all enjoyed it.happy that they won too..hope you had a good wknd.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I am glad the Packers and the Blizards won. It was good that you got to do something as a family.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Hey, winner. I have a certificate I'd like to mail you -- unless you want me to send it to Betty along with Dr. John's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home