Lori's Minute

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dogs 10, Cats and Giant Worms, 0

We have all enjoyed reading your comments on the differences between having a cat and/or a dog. Looks like dogs rule! We pretty much decided to stick with a dog and even had one offered to us today. A woman hubby works with has an 8 month old black lab. But, I think it is too soon. I don't want another dog, I want MAYA!!!!!

The giant worm comment is because my five year old son suggested we get a giant worm. So far, the rest of us have not warmed up to the idea.

Tonight we did a little more school shopping or tried to, I should say. My daughter and I ar so much alike. We would prefer to go to the gift shops or the bookstores rather than buy clothing so that is what we did. We did find two shirts for her and I found a pair of jeans I am hoping and praying will fit even if I have to lay on the bed to zip them up!

Hubby and son picked out a lunch box. My five year old constantly amazes me. I asked him if he wanted to pick out a new backpack since he is now going to kindergarten and he said no, he would take the plain black one we have at home already(we used it as a diaper bag but it is a backpack and we rarely used it). Then, the lunch box he picked out is a plain blue one. I thought for sure he would pick one out which had some cartoon character on it. I am proud of him.(and the daughter too for not asking me to buy clothes at outrageous prices).

More later...

9 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I am very happy with my new dog...she is 2 years old....Gabby is her name. But you guys will know when your ready for one.

I remember school shopping...lol. My Mother went with me every year and every year when we got home she said she would never go again!!! lol..she always did.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

I know who that is.......

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'clothes at outrageous prices'

that's my kids! ...until they have to spend their OWN MONEY on them, hahaaa, all of a sudden they are buying 'normal priced' clothes!

Work'd like a charm!
:}

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

If you feel you should wait I would do that. It would be important to get the right dog that would fit your family.

Luke is kind of a basic guy.
Your daughter is also very practical most of the time.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

How about a house pig. Those are cute. Movie stars have them. Its good to see that I have such nice grandchildren.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Rabbits are better than either.

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, guantanamera121212

 

Post a Comment

<< Home