Lori's Minute

Monday, August 28, 2006

Maya Update

For those of you following my post about our dog, Maya, we did have to put her down today. X-rays revealed tumors in her nose, throat and chest. We were glad we got to spend this last weekend with her knowing it could be her last. My daughter and I slept in the family room with her last night.

The kids are already asking for another dog. I do not know if I am ready but on the other hand it is hard to imagine our family without a dog.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. She was the dog I always wanted and she will be missed.

6 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

We will miss her too.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I am so sorry about Maya Lori. I wish everything would have been all right with her. Another dog may be good for the kids....I think a dog makes a family so much cozier.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about maya, Me and the boys will miss her also

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry. I was away and had no idea. I really feel for you. When mine pass I will be devasted. But I think a new dog might help. I think a house is not a home without one.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Lori, I am so sorry to hear about Maya. She wan't just a dog, she was a cherished member of your family. Remember to allow yourself to grieve.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It is always so hard to put down a beloved family memeber. On the other hand, sometimes I feel we treat our pets with more dignity and respect than we do humans.

I don't know how many more years we'll have with Lady. She's nine and has arthritis and over the last couple of years has begun to develope little tumors. No point in putting her through surgery cause they will continue to come back. As long as she is still getting around and eating well, she'll be ok since the tumors are not attached to any vital organs or impeading her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home