Lori's Minute

Monday, August 14, 2006

Stop Yelling at ME!

Ok, for those of you telling me I should go to the doctor I appreciate your concern and I gotta say, made me feel special. BUT, I woke up this morning and guess what? No tummy ache! I had a couple aches today but nothing like the past week. I think all that yelling from my blog friends scared it away so THANK YOU!

Now, I wanted to mention how much I love my mother-in-law. I say this because recently I had to call another woman who I happen to know has married kids and this woman must be a terror to have as a mother-in-law. I had called to ask a simple question and she nearly bit my head off. Suffice to say, I will not be calling her again unless there is an emergency. But I am not talking about her, I am talking about my mother-in-law who is never a problem, never makes me feel like a loser (except at canasta, she is very sneaky) never complains about how the house is or my cooking. If I could clone her and sell her as a mother-in-law I would make a lot of money but I think I would still keep her all to myself!

Have a good one!

12 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

My Mother In Law was about as perfect a Mother in law as you could get, I was only married for six years when she passed away. I often think she was a big part of the reason that I married my husband, I loved her so much. My kids hardly got to meet her, Ana was only five when she died and Nick 6 months. We lived so many miles apart, but when Nick was born she had a baby shower for us, and mailed us the presents, we couldn't go, because they were in Conn, and we were in Calif. When the kids were born she sent big boquets of flowers. She was the most thoughtful, caring, loving and gracious woman. I miss her so much.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

You just got me remembering, I had already figured that your Mother In Law is of that same fabric......

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

oh my sweet we do care for you..and yes you are a most responsible grown up and you will do whatever is best..we will leave at that then. glad the tummy is better.

you do have an amazing mother in law..i would take her as my grandma, aunt, cousin, sister, anything i could, that is why i feel blessed too that she is my friend.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Thank you for the compliments. I have a great daughter-in law.
I yell at my daughter to go to the doctor also. I do worry and I am a poor doctor.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

In England Mothers in Law are frequently the butt of cruel jokes, I don't know if it's the same over the pond. Mine is pretty good, she's knitting me a cardigan for winter, and she's great with the kids.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I wouldn't trade her for anyone as my grandma. Not anybody in mmy family.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

My mother-in-law was also wonderful. Since my mom died when I was very young my 14 years with Irene were as close to having a real mom as I ever came. I imagine I would have divorced my husband much sooner, but I wanted to keep my mommy.

There probably aren't all that many horrid mothers-in-law, its likely just that the ones who are horrid are so spectacular at it that all mothers-in-law have to take the wrap.

Lori, you're ahead in the polls. Does that mean your finger has a cramp?

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My late MIL was a sweet lady. I really miss her.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Janets Planet said...

You are very lucky.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Catch said...

I am so glad your tummy is better. And I am sure you are very lucky to have Betty for a MIL....she is a very loving person indeed. I have a great relationship with my DIL too, she is a sweetheart and I love her dearly.

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are lucky to have Betty! She is a blessing to everyone she meets!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Lori,

Sorry to hear about the stomach problems glad to hear they are getting better.
I know that my mother is great but I must say I have seen her greatness in you. I have evidence I just got done reading my neice's web page and her heart is so big and that is because you have taught her to be that way. I must say this family lucked out when Peter married you. I also got a great canasta partner.

Pennie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home