Lori's Minute

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I borrowed this from Dr. John with a few revisions.

Favorite Christmas Song? The Little Drummer Boy

Real tree or artificial? Both! We always get a real, tall tree for the living room, there's an artificial tree up year round in the basement.

Favorite Christmas food? Fondue with steak.

Homemade cookies or store bought? Depends on the year...so far this year, neither.

Stay home or travel? Both.

Hardest person to buy for? My dad.

Easiest person to buy for? My mom.

Open gifts Christmas Eve or Christmas day? We come home to filled stockings on Christmas Eve and open presents under the tree Christmas day.

Favorite gift as a child? Barbie camper.

Favorite memory? Cross country skiing to church for Christmas Eve services.

Favorite memory as a mom? Watching my four year old son walk carefully up to his stocking to see if he got toys or coal. He reached in and pulled out a toy and turned around and said, "Mom, I HAVE been good!"

Do you decorate the whole house or just one room? We decorate the living room with the tree, stockings, garland on the banister and a nativity set. Pete does the outside lights...one year he made it in the paper!

Clear lights or colored? Usually clear. We also like all blue.

Most annoying thing about the holiday? The really bad songs that are played over and over.

Do you send cards or e-mails? Usually cards but I haven't got them yet this year!!

Strange holiday quirks? When I was a kid, I would look out the front window and see the red light flashing on top of the radio tower and pretend it was Rudolph.

Do you tell people what to get you or do you like to be surprised? Surprised...definetly.

When do you usually finish your shopping? I start around October and end Christmas Eve which is usually done at the local drugstore.

What are some other memories? My brother and I would put the lights on the tree. I was usually on the ladder stuck behind the tree and he would leave.

When we were little, we would go to church, look at lights and go home and peek in the window to see if Santa had been there and put presents around the tree.

Our poodle liked to open gifts.

When I was single and in my 20's, I went to church with my mom. All the children were up at the altar for the placing of the baby Jesus in the manger. Afterwards, all the kids went back to their parents except for one little girl, about three, who stayed and stared at the nativity scene oblivious to what was going on around. We all waited until she was done.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cute. Especially the story about the little girl.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I liked your version better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home