Lori's Minute

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Let's see, not much new. Pete worked all day on installing a new shower fan/heater/light in his bathroom and of course, it has not gone well. He is still working on it. Since we found some mold on the carpet in his office, we have banned the kids from going in there to use the computer until we are sure it is gone so they are taking turns using the computer in the family room...funny. Reminds me of the days when we only had one tv in our house when I was a kid.

I cleaned the laundry room...the family helped by sorting the clean clothes while I cleaned the room. After I got the floor cleaned I knocked over the detergent and a bunch spilled onto the clean floor. We decided since we never use the shoe rack we will put it in the garage and use only the basket for the shoes since we all use it anyway. These minor things are major family decisions.

Tomorrow we will get grocery shopping done, go to church and listen to our new pastor. Bree is an acolyte and is excited about having a female pastor who will be her pastor when she is confirmed. Then we will come home to watch the game.

We had planned to go to Fleet Farm today to purchase a leaf catcher for behind the lawn mower but it got too late. The way the season is going, we will have snow on the ground sooner rather than later. In fact, we woke up and it was snowing but it melted when it hit the ground.

Usually it does not bother me that I do not drive but it has been really bugging me lately. I could have run some errands today while Pete worked on the fan. The kids need new zippers for their coats, we need groceries, I want to get our bedroom done, blah, blah, blah....alright, I am done complaining! I watched the news and they talked about homeless kids going to school. In Green Bay, there are 800 homeless students! I am thinking for Bree's church group we could do something for them when it is our turn to host an activity (January). Bree wants to do something fun like sledding/pizza but I want to do something that will help others so maybe we can compromise and combine the two.

3 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

Good luck pete!
A project for the homeless sounds like a very good idea. Sorry about the game. i had to leaave the room and they did better once I left.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Sounds like normal family activity. Remind Pete he promised to come down and help put up the Christmas stuff before the ground is too frozen.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you are working hard. We went to the Texans vs Ravens- never mind. I agree with you about helping others. Ever since Ike we have become more aware of those who help and we plan to give as thanks to those who helped us during the storm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home