Lori's Minute

Sunday, December 07, 2008

An Early Lesson

It seems like from an early age, I learned a valuable lesson...'be thankful for what you have'. Maybe I learned it early because my mother always said there was always someone worse off than me, maybe I learned it early because of my hearing loss or maybe it was because of a relationship that ended and I was grateful to get out of when I was in my early twenties. I probably learned it because it keeps coming up in my life as reminder.

But, because I have learned it and it is a part of my daily life, I am frustrated with those who just do not get it. I have two friends, very good and wonderful people, both my age, both women but man, they just do not get it. For instance, I lead a rather uneventful life but I like it that way...no stess because I run the household like a smooth running machine. I pick and choose my battles knowing not everyone or everything is perfect all the time. My friends however, seem to think chaos is a way to live life but then wonder why their lives are so stressed. They never seem to be happy even though they both have a roof over their heads, a good job, great kids and food to eat. They both have everything they need, but yet it is not enough.

I have tried to tell them but they do not hear me. I feel sorry for them...they have everything they need but they don't know it.

3 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Some people will never understand.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You have learned a lot, especially wisdom.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

That lesson I was reminded of when John was in the ICU.It was a difficult time but those around me were also having a very difficult time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home