Lori's Minute

Monday, October 01, 2007

Well it is time for another top ten list. Things I learned when Pete and I went to Keystone, CO for a week necause he had a convention.

10. It is really scary riding a bus up and down a winding mountain road where the earth seems to drop off on the side of the road. As a kid, I would have thought it was cool.

9. THere is a reason why the rooms are cheap during the off season...just about everything was closed!

8. THe reason I do not own a cashmere sweater is because the one I found and really liked cost over $2000!

7. Just like at home, there is nothing on tv.

6. THe weather was very nice, could not have been better.

5. THe food was also very good!

4. We got the pool all to ourselves, a benefit to the off season. FOr me, the success of a trip all depends on whether we get the pool to ourselves or not.

3. I should have walked around the lake more often to get my exercise but instead I read a book (and finished it) while sitting on the balcony overlooking the lake.

2. Anywhere you want to go in the mountains involves going up and down many, many, steps.

1. After three days, I was ready to go home even though we were there for five. I missed the kids and even the dog.

3 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relaxing can be just as important as exercise. I am glad you had a good time!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

And the kids and the dog missed you.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds similar to the vacation I had when my kids were little. We went up and down similar roads. Too bad the kids were not impressed with Yellowstone Park. They thought it smelled. My older daughter kept her nose in her book, my younger daughter listened to music while my son slept though most of the drive. Vacations are wasted on kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home