Lori's Minute

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Nice Weekend

We had a really nice weekend. Saturday was a perfect fall day. We went to watch my nephew play Pop Warner football. His team won. We then went to eat at a restaurant on the east side. We used to eat there often before we moved. It is one of those truck stops that serve really good but greasy foods. After lunch we went and got pumpkins and gourds. We also went over the new bridge which has a round about on one end. When we got home, the kids played with the neighbor kids while we set up the cornstalk, hay, pumpkins and gourds. I also bought a huhe bushel basket of mums.

Today, Sunday, was not nearly as nice weather wise. We had to greet at church so we all went in out Packer gear and then headed out to the game. Our seats were at the very top near the 50 yard line which were pretty good. I gave my daughter a hard time because last time I made a sign but got yelled at by people behind us even though I only held it up during commercials. THis time we could have brought a sign because no one was behind us! Oh well.... the six year old did very well. He wore headphones to block out the noise and did not ask to go home until the third quarter. It sprinkled most of the game, but we brought ponchos (clear ones, Quilly) and we barely won mainly because of the defense.

Tomorrow we take the six year old for a bone scan and MRI on his leg. I guess it will be an all day event.

4 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

I am praying for a good result on the tests.

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Betty. I said a prayer. I am also laughing at your poncho comment.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hope everything comes out ok! I remember when I used to live in Austin and went to the University of Texas games when it rained, I had a clear domed umbrella that was great. Don't need it for the Texans, course can't afford to go to the games either. Tv has the best seat for them. I can always leave...

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Grampa is praying as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home