Lori's Minute

Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Fan in the Stands

Today we all went to church. While we were getting ready, my son, age six, made a sign. He drew a cross in the middle and wrote "I Love God" underneath. He showed it to me and I said I thought it was cool. Off we went to church. I thought he would leave the sign at home or in the car but he brought it with him.

Like most Lutherans, we sat in the back row (really it is because that is where there is the most light for me to read). As we got up to sing, I looked down at my son who was next to me. There he was,holding the sign above his head the whole time...like he was at a football game cheering for his team.

He held it up pretty much the whole time until communion and he set it down and tried to sleep the rest of the time.

I do not know if anyone saw it because we sat in the back but it was kind of neat that God had a fan in the stands.

9 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

God had a fan. Sometimes my grandson suprises me.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

We need a lot more cheering for God.

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure God smiled. I bet the worship leaders did, too.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah yes, let the little children lead them... God is smiling.

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Chris Beason said...

That is too cute! By the way, I thought I had added you to my blogroll, but I hadn't so I'm doing it now!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

what a beautiful child. what a beautiful act.

how much it must be pleasing to God.

give him a hug from us here. thank him for being such a wonderful kid and for his love of God.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Lori, i just read at Dr. John's that Brea is in hospital or was at least. pls know we will pray for her lungs. i love you hon and my mommy heart is with you for i know how hard it is for you and your hubby right now too.

hang in there all of you. things will get better.

my love and my heart i leave with you. God Bless.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

just stopping by to see if there was a new post. i am hoping Brea is out of hospital and breathing easier again.

we send you all our love and hugs to all...xooxox

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i saw you leave a comment of dr. JOhn's..that is great news for it means things are starting to settle down and return to normal in your home..

hope Brea is breathing wonderfully.

love and hugs.xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home