Lori's Minute

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Change is Good

I am a big believer in change but why is it the smallest change causes such problems in life? Here's and example of what I mean....

My mom often goes to the post office for her work. The last time she went I asked her to pick up 100 stamps for me, the self stick kind. While Pete and I were gone for a week, she stopped in to see my in-laws and the kids and she dropped off the stamps. When I got home, my mother-in-law showed me where they were with the rest of the notes that had accummulated while we were away. I saw the stamps which were in sheets and in a flat paper bag. I put them up in the cupboard with the envelopes, address book and phone book so I would know they were put away.

So, what is the big deal? The big deal is I usually get a ROLL of stamps and they fit nicely in the corner of the cupboard. Fast forward a week later and I am ready to do the bills and for the life of me, I cannot find the stamps! I start looking through all the piles of paper I have stashed all over the place. I am hoping and praying I did not accidentally throw them out as I have been known to do with things I do not recognize no matter how important.

After about an hour, I go back to the original cupboard. We had just gotten a new phone book which I had placed on top of the old one and there, between the two phone books, were the stamps. Whew!

Such a small change and I cannot handle it. What next, the color of my shampoo will change and I will not know what to do....

3 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Welcome to our world. Now I could just figure out whioch box has the tracks.

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't shaved my legs in forever because OC moved my razor. He took it out of the shower. Like I'm ever going to remember it before I'm standing under the spray. NOT!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger bettygram said...

Been there done that many times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home